SUICIDE – During this video Leah talks through what is often a tough conversation to discuss, suicide. She talks through and explains the following subjects:
– The impact and awareness that the media brings to this subject
– Weather we should be talking about suicide with people we are concerned about
– Weather talking about suicide means that someone will take their own life.
– Warning signs to look out for
– Who we can talk to if we are concerned about someone
Leah resources us with ways to have conversations with friends and family that we may be concerned about and unpacks the stigma that many people have around this topic.
Suicide shouldn’t be a conversation that we ignore or feel nervous about. It’s okay to talk about it and we even should be talking about it with people that we may be concerned about.